This page is created to motivate and push serious UPSC civil services aspirants to practise answer writing to improve their chances of getting good marks in the Mains exam. Every day 2 to 4 questions will be posted – framed or taken from previous years papers strictly based on the New Syllabus. You have to write your answers in the comment box at the bottom of the Post.
Dos and Don’ts
- Carefully read the questions 2-3 times and frame a thoughtful answer in the mind first.
- Write your answers in the comment box below by specifying the Question date and number.
- Don’t copy from sources directly. If possible read some materials, take your time and then answer in your own words.
- Stick to word limit even if you know lot about the topic.
- Take only Half an hour to write both the answers. Don’t cheat.
- Don’t worry about Grammar or Vocabulary much, and don’t hesitate – just answer. Aspirants/readers with better understanding will correct you.
- If you get bad remarks, don’t worry. Next time write better. But NEVER quit.
- Comment on others’ answers too – be nice, gentle, humble and encouraging (This behaviour will fetch you 200+ in The Personality Test , trust me!)
- Please don’t use abusive language – be constructive. If you can’t control the urge to use abusive language, please use your Facebook Wall for the purpose. You may get Likes there.
- After answering the questions within half an hour, Please don’t stay on the page. Come back next morning and see if anyone has commented on your answers. This is to save your precious time.
- Please spend one hour on reading others’ answers and contribute if someone has missed important points, or note down if someone has given better points than you.