BPSC EXAMINATION SYLLABUS
Basically Bihar Public Service Commission exam consist of two papers which are:
- Main examination
- Preliminary examination
Main examination is a written exam or subjective type examination.
Preliminary examination is an objective type examination.
Preliminary Examination Syllabus
Syllabus of Preliminary Examination contain following topics
- General Knowledge
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography
- Indian Polity and Economy
- General Mental Ability Questions
- Spotting the Errors
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Filling in the blanks
- Use of prepositions, idioms/phrases
- Word analogies
- Test of spellings
- Re-arranging jumbled up sentences
- Comprehension of passage and answering questions based on the passage
- Linear Algebra
- Analytic Geometry
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Dynamics, Statics and Hydrostatics
- Vector Analysis
- Real Analysis
- Complex Analysis
- Partial differential equations
Main examination contains the subjective type questions from any two optional papers as selected by the candidates for this purpose. List of subjects are given below.
Optional Subjects (any 2):
Candidates may choose any two subjects from these subjects:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
BPSC Interview Process
All those candidates who will pass in main examination and preliminary exam may attend the Personal Interview. Final selection of participants is done on basis of their marks in these three examinations.
BPSC Exam Pattern
- Preliminary Examination will contain objective type questions. Question will be based on three subjects Mathematics, General Knowledge and English.
- Main exam will contain subjective type questions.
- Those who will qualify both exams may appear for interview.
- On basis marks in all exam candidates will be appointed for suitable post.
BPSC Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates may apply for BPSC exam that have eligibility for this examination. You must check the necessary eligibility for BPSC exam which is mentioning below:
Applicants who want to apply for BPSC exam should be in between 19 years to 24 years. Relaxation in the age will provide according to the categories as per the government norms.
Aspirants must have a Graduate Degree in Mathematics/ Chemical Engineering/Civil Engineering/Economics/ Geology/ Natural Science/ Mechanical Engineering.