SUGGESTION– This is a very important decision, So don’t take this decision at the beginning. First start preparing for GS and then after some time take this decision. This will help you to determine your inclination to a particular subject. Every subject has its own demand (i.e. thinking pattern, writing style, presentation techniques etc). Your personality should be according to it.
Following are some steps to decide for selecting optional subject:
- Interest and understanding in the subject.
- Read the syllabus and previous years’ question papers.
- Writing style and presentation techniques.
- Availability of study material
- Availability of guidance
- Weightage of optional in GS
- Apart from this, some give importance to the length of the syllabus, so decide carefully.